Thursday, January 1, 2015

New Year Resolution

Happy New Year! I'm not one for New Years resolutions, but its a fun tradition so why not?! One would expect me to say that I will blog every day. I'm going to be honest and say that will never happen. I may want to, but it will never happen. So why make a false promise that I can't keep?! I may also have a resolution to love my job every second of every day, or to not take any work home with me. Again, never going to happen. I LOVE teaching, but there are certain parts of this career that are yucky and that I will never love. I'll do it-but won't love it. And to not bring work home is laughable!

Sooooo what is my resolution you might ask? It is quite simple and very tough. To love more. I'm challenging myself to just put more love out there. To love this blog when I get to complete a post I'm proud of (and to not hate myself for when I don't get one done as quickly as I want). To love my students more. Tricky-cause I love them a whole bunch already. But there are always moments when we look back on our day and say "Shoot. Wish I would've handled that a little differently." But I don't think those moments are ever from loving too much. No one ever says, "Shoot. Wish I would've loved a little less."  And to love the people I work with and the process of education more. I work with some AMAZING professionals but I'm afraid this past year I haven't always given people the benefit of the doubt. When we lead with love there is less room for doubt. I have to trust that there are often bigger things happening and if I'm doing my best for my students then that will be good enough! On a more personal note: I'm not sure if I can love my children and my husband more, but I can most certainly show it more. But this blog isn't about momma Norman its about teacher Norman so back to it....

Most of all I need to love myself more. When we love ourselves we really are giving our best to the world. My husband, my children, my family, my friends, my students...they all deserve me at my best. But that isn't realistic. I'm not going to be at my best all the time and I need to love that too. Know that I LOVE that you took time from your day to stop by my blog and I truly hope that your 2015 is filled with more love!post signature

0 comments:

Post a Comment