Sunday, March 15, 2015

Sid the Science Kid & a Star Struck K Teacher!

My science teacher
inspiration Teacher Suzy!
Over Spring break I had so much fun of bringing my own kiddos to our fabulous Children's Museum (only doable thanks to the help of my amazing mother-in-law!) The Minnesota Children's Museum is a terrific place for all kids to visit and I really wish I could bring my Kinderkiddos there. Alas, the cost of field-trips---mainly the busing costs--is too much to make my dream come true right now. One can dream though can't I?!
My family has a membership to the Children's Museum and we try to get there a few times a year. They have terrific exhibits that are there permanently, but they also have exhibits that rotate through and only stay for a month or two at a time.  Right now it is a Sid the Science Kid exhibit and it was AMAZING!!!!

Sid's Science Fair App



I reference Sid the Science Kid frequently in my teaching. It is a cartoon that the students can relate to and it does provide some really good science content.  If you come into my classroom you will find Sid books and apps on our iPods. I really like the Sid's Science Fair app. It works on both science and math concepts like patterns, sorting, sequencing and charting. The students love it and they don't realize that they are exploring while building their budding science skills!





PBSkids also has some really great Sid the Science Kid online games and videos too. Check them out here! I like to link to specific Sid games on our Kindergarten Symbaloo page depending on what science concepts we are focusing on. To see my post all about Symbaloo pages click here. It really is a great way to organize your websites and create an easy way for students to get to the websites that you want them to!



Don't you just love it when science connects to our kiddos in such a fun and engaging way?! I wish we had shows like Sid when I was younger. Don't get me wrong, I loved me some She-Ra and Care Bears but shows like Sid help get our youngest learners down the road towards becoming life long scientists! Please leave a comment if you are a fellow Sid fan or with what other science shows that you love to use in your teaching!


post signature

0 comments:

Post a Comment