Sunday, March 22, 2015

March Reading and Math App Choices

Whoa! We had Spring Break last week and now it is already Sunday!! I had the best of intentions of getting these out last week, my apologies! Here are the reading and math apps that my students will be using for skill work for the next few weeks:
Electric Company Word Ball

Electric Company Word Ball. Well apparently this app is no longer available in the US iTunes store. This is a HUGE shame! I love this app for reviewing many phonics rules for early elementary students. My students love this app for its catchy songs and fun features. If you can find this, or already own it, make sure it is on your list to use with your K-2 students!






Word Wagon


Duck Duck Moose Word Wagon. Duck Duck Moose is one of my favorite app developers for K-2. They create fun, age appropriate apps with good content for both literacy and math. This app works on phonics basics as well as spelling 4-6 letter words (which is why it is in our current app rotation!) Students enjoy the choices provided within the apps and the easy to understand interface.





Little Speller Sight Words


Little Speller Sight Words. This has been one of my staple apps for teaching sight words since I started integrating technology into my classroom. To find out how I used it for RTI support click here. It is a basic sight word spelling app. What I love about it is the customization features and how the students are seeing, hearing, and spelling their sight words. MUCH better than practicing with boring old flashcards!





Pet Bingo


Pet Bingo. As I mentioned above, I'm a fan of the app developer Duck Duck Moose. So it is not surprising to find another one of their apps on my March list. Pet Bingo is a fun review app for addition and subtraction (it also has multiplication and division if you are looking for that). Something about the game of BINGO that always seems to draw students in!






Arithmetic Invaders


Arithmetic Invaders: Kindergarten. This app is hands down one of my students' favorites! They LOVE this app because they get to use a laser to shoot at rockets. I LOVE this app because it revisits basic math skills and progresses through harder math concepts---but not too hard for K. They also offer this in other grade levels but so far all I've ever needed is the K version. HIGHLY RECOMMEND!!!! Especially if you have a space fan or two in your class!




Awesome Eats


Awesome Eats. We recently finished up on our healthy eating focus and this is a fun math app to work on both sorting and healthy habits.  Students enjoy sorting various foods into their correct bins. It is trickier than it looks however, which keeps them coming back for more! By far one of the best sorting apps out there!







post signature

1 comments:

  1. I stumbled across your blogs while researching the Confer app that I will be trying this month with a small group of teachers. I shared your post and we so excited. Then I found out you are writing about even more great resources here! If you are interested, I am in a blog "link up" with other tech-minded teachers every Tuesday as well as a monthly "Be Appy" link up. If you get a chance hop over to my blog to check out my latest post - scroll to the bottom to see the link ups (there are two). We would love to have you join!
    www.erintegration.com

    ReplyDelete