Sunday, December 14, 2014

You were a part of what?! Normoff?! What IS that?

In a previous post I mentioned that I have blogged before as 1/2 of Normoff and TheTechieTeachers. I thought I'd explain who & what that means.

Normoff originated when I co-taught summer school with my good friend, mentor and colleague Angie Kalthoff.  We had a group of both Kindergarten and 1st grade students, so we had difficulty calling them something as a group (not Kinderfriends, not Norman's class, not Kalthoff's students...) so we decided to merge our last names, NORMan and KalthOFF, and came up with Normoff.  Our students that summer then became known as Normoff's class. It was a fun summer that really helped me develop a love for technology in teaching my Kinderkiddos. Angie was our EL teacher at the time and was a forerunner for incorporating technology in her teaching. I learned so much from her (& still do!) as now she is our district's Technology Integrationist and she shares her expertise with others in the district.  She is fantastic at her position and I know myself and all of our students & teachers are better for having her with us! You can check out her blog here and follow her on twitter @mrskalthoff.
Normoff  working together!
Angie and I worked together that summer to develop TheTechieTeachers. We worked on creating work for students that correlated with apps to increase accountability and take teaching with technology a step further. We have had the privilege of presenting at various school districts and conferences across the state. Helping other teachers grow in their use of technology in the classroom has truly become a passion of mine! I learn as much as I share when we do our presentations, it truly is a blessing for me! You can check out our TheTechieTeachers blog here and our website here. We are still presenting and would love to come to share our knowledge with you! We also have products at Teachers Pay Teachers and are continuously completing reviews for educational apps. Be sure to follow us individually and together to get the latest and greatest info!

0 comments:

Post a Comment