Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Day 2- Who Is Teacher Norman?

Well so far I'm 2/2 on my 100 day blog challenge! Just thought I'd shed some light on who I am and why I'm here. My name is Sara and I am a Kindergarten teacher. I LOVE teaching my Kinderkiddos and I truly think each day is a blessing....and a challenge too! I have been teaching K for 5 years now & previously taught Pre-K for about 6 years. Early childhood education is my calling in life and incorporating technology and teaching is my passion! 

I've been lucky enough to be able to share my passion with other educators through conferences and school presentations and it is has been such a positive experience. It was at one of those conferences when one of the breakout sessions challenged the participants to blog for 100 days. They said it would be a positive and rewarding experience on many levels.  I've blogged before as I am a part of Normoff (my friend & amazing tech leader Angie Kalthoff joined forces to share our ideas with the world). I found great joy in it but had a hard time keeping it up when my son was born. I'm hoping for this to be a fresh start for me in the blogging world! But what I hope for the most though it will provide others with some Kinderbrightness & inspiration and give myself a bit of all important reflection and professional growth. 

Oh, I should also mention the blog name Teacher Norman. It comes from the fact that for the majority of the year I get called 'teacher, TEACHER!' plus the occasional mom and yes even grandma. So I'm often saying, 'My name is Norman' (I often drop the Mrs portion of my name due to the high frequency in which I speak in the third person. Norman's class follow me, Norman's friends nice work, Norman's turn to talk so please wait patiently...) When I was reminding one of my Kinderkiddos that my name isn't teacher teacher, he looked right at me and said-Oh right, teacher NOH-MAN! After I thought about reminding him he can drop the teacher part I took pause and smiled in the sweetness of how he said teacher Norman, and that's what matters the most. Not formalities, not correctiveness, just respect. It doesn't matter the words that are said, just the feeling behind them. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment