Friday, February 6, 2015

February Literacy and Math Apps

This month I will be using the following apps for literacy and math! There is so many great things about February....Valentine's Day, Hundredth Day of School, it is a short month.... just kidding about that last one :) Although it is nice when planning for February it seems a little easier due to the shorter time! To read more about how I pick my apps and for how long I use them visit this post.  Here are the apps that we will be using this month.
Literacy:



Starfall Reading
From the popular website Starfall, this app allows you to access all the great learn to read books that focus on different word families!









Sight Words: Kids Learn
A see it, hear it, write it app that focuses on sight words. You can purchase them in packs as you need to for your students. There is fun games intermixed as well throughout the app!







Print Concepts
I like this app for reinforcing foundational print concepts such as first & last letters in a sentence, capital letters and punctuation. It uses cute bugs with simple games that work on skills that not too many apps out there focus on.






Sentence Reading Magic Deluxe Combining sight words and CVC words this app practices building and reading sentences that range from 2 words to 6 words.



Freefall Spelling Using different intertactive activities like typewriter spell, word scramble and drag & spell Freefall spelling is always a hit to help my students practice spelling common words.

 Reading Eggs Sight Words This is a HILARIOUS game that uses a farm setting and some seriously silly eggs to work on sight words.









Math:


Moose Math The developer, Duck Duck Moose, makes some of the most well liked apps in my classroom. Moose Math is a highlight for the students who enjoy the silly games that focus on counting, adding and subtracting without them even realizing it!







Starfall Numbers From the always awesome website Starfall, this app works on numbers 0-20, 25, 50, 100. I included this app this month for 2 reasons: I had multiple students request it and I had a few new students move in that needed some review on basic number sense. It is always good to come back to the basics every now and then!









Measure Length Tiny Chicken Measurement isn't a skill set that many apps touch on. I like that this app does so in an easy to understand way that is perfect for my K students. Students use a translucent ruler to measure the length of different animals. Perfect for reinforcing measurement and for practicing how to use a ruler on a computer screen-much like those all important state tests students take!




 Butterfly Math: Starter The developers offer 3 versions of Butterfly Math; the Starter one that I use focuses on counting, shapes, addition and subtraction. I like that it reinforces 1:1 counting as well during the addition games!

 Math Minis This app goes through 8 levels of addition and subtraction. A cute and fun basic arithmetic practice that my students LOVE!
Little Writer Pro One of my must have handwriting apps, we will be using Little Writer Pro to practice number writing after my latest assessment showed that my kinderkiddos need larger number writing practice.




post signature

0 comments:

Post a Comment